Erik,

> Erik Nordmark wrote:
> Lots of important details might differ between different possible
> solution following that approach; for instance if you want to
> allow routers to rewrite source locators (in order to dynamically
> detect new locators to use for the peer) and also prevent
> redirection attacks, then there are some important details to
> work out.

Indeed.

I am not sure if "rewrite" is the appropriate generic wording (although
it certainly is for MHAP) but we are indeed talking about some shim
layer between network and transport where the identifier would be
replaced by a locator and vice versa.

I will point out though that these issues are not limited to a system
where routers are rewriting packets and that it is likely going to be
easier to tackle them by containing the translation into a smaller
number of devices (routers) vs. doing the the id/loc mapping in each and
every host.

Michel.