> Tim Chown wrote:
> But if I want a VoIP communication from me (behind a NAT) to
> some user behind a NAT, not using a 3rd party "location" server,
> how does v4 deliver, without the receiving user having the pain
> of port forwarding configuration on their NAT?

There are several methods today; uPNP for example. Besides, not using a
3rd party location server for VOIP does not make a lot of sense. Looking
at SIP as an example, yes you can initiate a communication directly to
the IP address, but it is much more convenient to register with a
directory that almost everyone will end up doing it anyway, NAT
traversal or not.

Michel.