> Hi, Pekka.

> collisions should be
> very rare, though.

My understanding is that there will be no problem, because the spec
says the interface-ID must be taken from the link-local address
(IEEE-64 based interface ID)

> >Pekka Savola wrote:
> >If an SSM implementation checks for FF3x::/32 (as described
> in RFC 3306
> section 6),
> >and not for FF3x::/96 (as described in RFC 3306 section 7),
> but will not
> implement this specification,
> >there will be lots of trouble.

I think all SSM multicast addresses must have the format FF3x::/96,
according to ["network prefix = 0" of RFC 3306] hence there will be no
trouble.

Daniel