 > LinkID solution can prevent MN from assuming movement
 > while it has not. But I am afraid, when an MN actually moves,
 > LinkID by itself is of limited use.
 >
 > Assume an MN actually moves into another link and receives
 > an unsolicited RA with only LinkID. To get necessary prefix
 > information, an MN should perform additional RS/ RA exchange.
 > This will take time because a router is supposed to execute random
 > delay before sending RA.
 >
 > Otherwise, after movement, an MN may receive a link-layer hint
 > notifying link-layer change. Then an MN can sent triggered
 > RS message
 > and will receive a solicited RA with all the options. In
 > this case, LinkID
 > plays little role.

=> So does the complete bit if you assume that routers
follow the recommendation of 2461 of sending a complete
RA when solicited. But in any case, the LinkID does not
play a limited role in the above scenario, it plays the role
of confirming that a MN has moved. It doesn't solve all
problems, but it is certainly a strong indication of movement.
You substituted it with the L2 trigger in naothe scenario
but it's worth noting that the L2 trigger is not as strong an
indication as the LinkID because it does not necessarily
indicate IP mobility.

 > > it seems like we should either reject
 > > this issue or delay the discussion until we resolve
 > > all the other issues and hope that opinions have converged
 > > by that time.
 >
 > I agree. We need more elaboration and IPv6 WG may not be the best
 > place for this.
 >
 > I have one question. Is it possible for us to define
 > complete bit in DNA?

=> Of course. MIPv6 extended ND in the MIPv6 specification.
There is no reason why any WG in IETF can do the same.

 > As Jim wrote above, if DNA spec can extend a core spec, RFC 2461,
 > it's O.K. for me to close this issue.

=> New options/extensions can be defined in a separate
spec for sure. Thanks!

Hesham