On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:03:59 +0900 (JST), "Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>       so proposed change: the last part should be changed to "the
>       interface address SHOULD be disabled".  (add "address")
>
> 5.4.5.  When Duplicate Address Detection Fails
>
>    A tentative address that is determined to be a duplicate as
>    described above, MUST NOT be assigned to an interface and the node
>    SHOULD log a system management error.  If the address is a link-
>    local address formed from an interface identifier, the interface
>    SHOULD be disabled.

Hi itojun,

Replacing interface with address will not be enough. I have attempted to
rephrase the paragraph with my comments in brackets.

    A tentative address that is determined to be a duplicate as
    described above, MUST NOT be assigned to the interface on which DAD
    has failed (this allows for the address to be assigned to other
    interfaces) and the node SHOULD log a system management error.
    Moreover, the address SHOULD (or MUST?) be disabled. If the address
    is a link-local address formed from an interface identifier, the
    complete set of addresses formed with the same interface identifier
    SHOULD (or MUST?) be disabled.

CP