Jinmei-san,

I think DHCPv6 ought to be cited as the protocol for other configuration
information, as well.

However, it seems to me the phrase "stateful protocol for *other*
configurations" is a little misleading.  I think the word "stateful" could
be dropped.

- Ralph

At 11:42 PM 4/13/2004 +0900, JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= wrote:

> Regarding issue 277 of rfc2462bis (Semantics of M/O flags), one
> controversial issue is how clearly we should specify the stateful
> address configuration protocol.

(forgot to mention this) in this message, I intentionally concentrated
on the stateful *address* configuration protocol.  We'll also need a
similar discussion about the stateful protocol for *other*
configurations.  However, things are much clearer for address
configuration and it would help to limit the discussion scope for not
making it unncessarily diverse.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.