> I believe DHCP for IPv6 is totally incorrect direction. It's a
> leftover dinosaur from IPv4 way of thinking.

> The whole DHCP6 concept should not have been designed. Instead, the
> effort should have gone to extend the standard IPv6 configuration
> framework: neighbor discovery.

> If configuration is needed, add new messages to the ND ICMP's, or
> options to the router advertisement.

Well, I don't understand in which context you're making the above
points because you even did not refer to any part in this thread...

If you are trying to propose a particular action for the M/O flags in
rfc2462bis, please clearly make your proposal.  Otherwise, (and
especially if it is not related to any part of rfc2462bis) please
make a separate thread to discuss your opinion.

Thanks,

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.