> >> To give a hint that DHCPv6 is present?
> >
> > Don't you consider this useful?

I have no hard stance whether to remove M&O bits
or not at this stage, however if we remove it, I
guess somebody will sporadically define similar
flags into the RA repeatly so as to perform that
kind of operations. Of course it can be a separate
document. Nevertheless, M&O bits (or newly
defined flags outside RFC2462) is useful to trigger
DHCP operation to the host and we need it.
e.g., recursive DNS server configuration.

- Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
- Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.