(B
(B > >> Yes, so if we allow the mixed behavior, then it is probably
(B > >> reasonable
(B > >> to allow the node to accept RAs on a "host" interface and to
(B > >> configure
(B > >> default routers on that interface.  My point is that we should
(B > >> *explicitly* note that the rule for the multi-interfaced
(B > hosts also
(B > >> applies to the host-side interfaces on a mixed-behavior node.
(B >
(B > > => We can explicitly state it but I think an important
(B > point here is that
(B > > the spec already allows for this. We can always add more
(B > text I suppose,
(B > > it's a matter of taste.
(B >
(B > Wait a minute...what's the source on why you think "the spec already
(B > allows for this"?
(B
(B=> You cut Erik's text which I thought you agreed with, well, the spec
(Bdoes anyway:
(B
(B        Why? Per RFC 2461 the per router list is per interface.
(B        There is an issue for the implementations (probably all
(Bimplementations)
(B        which have a per-node default router list, but from the perspective
(B        of the RFC 2461 specification it has already punted on all aspects of
(B        multi-interfaced hosts.
(B
(B
(B (And I'm feeling I'm a bit confused about what
(B > "this" exactly means).
(B
(B=> "This" was referring to your suggestion to make sure that we
(Bstate a mixed node can still receive RAs on the "host" interface.
(B
(BHesham
(B
(B >
(B >                                      JINMEI, Tatuya
(B >                                      Communication Platform Lab.
(B >                                      Corporate R&D Center,
(B > Toshiba Corp.
(B >                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(B >
(B
(B===========================================================
(BThis email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
(B of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
(B prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
(B and delete all copies.
(B
(B
(BIETF IPv6 working group mailing list