On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 04:27 -0800, Bob Hinden wrote:
> Hi,

> IPv4 Addresses" (e.g., compatible and mapped) I heard the following:
<SNIP>

> My take of this is that they should remain in the IPv6 address
> architecture.  There is current usage and removing them would break other
> specifications.

Maybe it should be at least be noted in the document that one should not
use them. Thus that applications should be using multiple sockets, one
for IPv4 and one for IPv6 and one for whatever follows.
"forcing"/telling programmers to do it the getaddrinfo() can only be
good IMHO. Also when we change to IPv7 or anything else in the future.

Greets,
 Jeroen