<snip>

> > In that case, there will be old cards which can't support 33:33 MAC
> > addresses.   Perhaps it is well to note that these cards won't be
> > able to run IPv6.
>
> Ok, so that's an option.  Another is to just say that when 33
> multicast
> is not available for broadcast, just use ff broadcast.

So the obvious question is... how do we know if a receiver on the link
cannot use 33 multicast? I dont know of a way for the IP stack to find this
out. But assuming that we can and do detect such a reciever then all
multicast RA/ND messages from a router would then have to use ff broadcast?

Perhaps it would be simpler just to add some text saying that Ethernet NICs
that do not support 33 multicast may not (cannot?) be able to support v6?

Regards,
Martin