> These implementations are: KAME DHCP6, the unnamed Linux fork of the
> KAME implementation at http://dhcpv6.sourceforge.net/ and the Cisco
> IOS implemenation.

> Conclusion: the Cisco implementation is incomplete (no address
> assignment) and the other two are too immature to be of much use.

> I'm impressed with the prefix delegation functionality, but as
> before, the prospect of running such a complex protocol just to
> optain a domain search list and some DNS resolvers makes me very
> uncomfortable.

A quick check (which may not be relevant to this thread): what exactly
do you mean by such a complex protocol?  Whole RFC3315 (mainly for
address allocation), the RFC3736 subset, or both?  If your goal is to
obtain a domain search list and recursive name (DNS) servers, you only
need the RFC3736 subset, and at least I'd not use the strong phrase
"such a complex protocol" for RFC3736.

Implementation maturity is a separate issue.  I admit KAME's DHCPv6
implementation is not so matured yet, particularly regarding its
address allocation functionality.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.