Hi Abhijit,

I don't know all that much about how it operates however, I think that
is what "SLP - Service Location Protocol" is designed for. From RFC2608
-

"  The Service Location Protocol provides a scalable framework for the
   discovery and selection of network services.  Using this protocol,
   computers using the Internet need little or no static configuration
   of network services for network based applications.  This is
   especially important as computers become more portable, and users
   less tolerant or able to fulfill the demands of network system
   administration."

I don't know enough about it to say whether it allows for or needs to be
updated to support IPv6.

On a related note, I'd be curious to know if anybody is updating NetBIOS
over IP / CIFS to support IPv6. I'd think that NetBIOS / CIFS file and
print sharing probably carries more data on a daily basis than any other
IPv4 carried protocol. Maybe that is one cause for people not
introducing IPv6 to their enterprise networks - their most commonly used
application protocol isn't supported over it.

Regards,
Mark.