Answers inline again.

The problem is the chicken and the egg. For the network to be successful
where it can grow to the point where it can pay for addressing out of the
membership fees it needs to be feature complete, and the system relies on
IPv6 addressing. Now, if we were to get a small allocation from a tunnel
broker or some upstream ISP, there would inevitably come a point where we
had to renumber, once we could afford our own space. An ISP just accepts the
cost of the labour of such works, but we rely on donated time, and again it
would be a waste of this very limited resource to re-engineer a network when
we knew perfectly well what was required to prevent it.

We are not like a start-up company. We have no seed funding, we have no
investors. Now, if a generous benefactor offered us enough funding to get
two years APNIC membership then we could get the addresses, build the
network and grow the membership base, but this has not happened as yet.

> At lease this is how most governmental and private-sector funded research
> networks are run.  They charge membership fee, and use that to pay costs
> like this; if there is no membership fee, and then have everyone bear the
> cost of RIR fees.  Besides, if you don't have enough members on your
> network
> that cost-sharing model doesn't work out, then you probably won't be able
> meet RIR's policies for getting a /32 space either if you have that little
> users.

Unfortunately our government is like most: run by stupid old men, and it is
more and more like the US every year: stupid old men in the pocket of big
business. Not that I'm suggesting our honourable female politicians are
bribe free, more a statement that there is still such a massive imbalance
between the gender's representation. Moving on...

People believe that self regulation industry works, and unfortunately the
truth is that it doesn't. This is what has driven the creation of community
networks: there is a need for networks where people can:

* be an equal with any other, whether they can afford membership of an RIR
or not
* be independent of a service provider so that you can move if they make
your position untenable
* share whatever services they want, how they want
* have access to new technologies as they are developed, not whenever the
ISPs deign to give them to us.

People would not even bother with community networks if there wasn't a clear
and obvious need for them.

The simple reality is that currently the features most likely to be
developed are those a company funds, and decisions are most likely to favour
the company who spends the most campaigning. To say that commercial
interests don't have a disproportionate opportunity to skew the industry is
to be incredibly naive.