Hi Bob,

>> How important is this? I didn't make the meeting at the last IETF
>> meeting, but in Vancouver, it didn't seem like they were planning any

>> big work items.
>
>It's another IPv6 over <foo> effort.  What makes this one more
>complicated is it's not just another Ethernet compatible
>network.  It has several different ways of sending packets
>(called convergence sub- layers), each with slightly different
>characteristics.  This makes it somewhat challenging to get
>IPv4 and IPv6 to work correctly.

Oops, the tone of this mail is not right (that'll teach me to send
mail before I've had coffee).

What I meant was the scope - is it simply IPv6 over Foo, or something
more. Thanks for reminding me aobut the different convergence
sub-layers,
I had forgotten about that.  This does make things more interesting.

I guess this shouldn't have any major impact upon the IPv6 WG, as
this is more along the lines of IPv6 over Foo.

That's true. The idea is not to make any changes to the IPv6 specs. But
there might be some implementation suggestions, e.g. in case of IP CS
there is no layer 2 address, so there may be a suggestion not to do the
address resolution if the host knows that the IPv6 is running on 802.16
with IP CS. But the IPv6 over 802.16 specification should work even if
the host does the address resolution.

Thanks,
Syam