Le Mercredi 10 Mai 2006 10:35, marcelo bagnulo braun a écrit :
> ulas and private address can be used to reach a global destiantion
> address heavily depending on the local setup, hence local
> configuration per case is needed in the general case...

This assumes that one may use an ULA (IPv6) to reach a globally routable
(IPv6) address. In other words, that someone has introduced some kind
of NAT or transparent proxy in the middle. I'm not so gullible as to
believe that nobody will ever try to implement this, but... if some
network administrator really wants to provide “transparent” IP-layer
access to the globally routable IPv6 Internet, shouldn't (s)he hands
out public IPv6 addresses/prefix(es) to his/her users, possibly in
addition to ULAs?

What would be wrong with the IPv6 stack throwing an unreachable error
whenever an application tries to send a packet/connect to a global IPv6
address while its socket is bound to an ULA or while the host has no
global (or at least has no non-ULA-nor-link-local) addresses?

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/