>> The Correct Solution(tm) for this entire problem (IMHO) is for Pekka to
>> make sure that the gateway box for the client PC's throws an unreachable
>> error back to the hosts when it realises it can't forward it out to the
>> Internet.  The client boxes should detect the unreachable and give up
>> immediately and fall back to IPv4.
>>

> as mentioned to Remi my understanding is that the routability of the
> ULAs can be extended beyond the local site using agreements, so probably
> this approach would not support this case (maybe it is not a big problem
> though...)

Well, it should not allow forwarding a packet out an interface that
doesn't have a route back for that source, and should generate an
Destination Unreachable error.  I guess it's indeterminable by this host
that it's peer doesn't have a route for this packet, however a system
administrator should be able to do this on border routers where it applies.