Tim,

Its probably best if you now update your draft with a better description
of what scenario you are looking at, details about the customers
requirements, justification of why new work is needed, and an analysis
of why existing solutions are inappropriate or undesirable in your
scenario. This has already been a long discussion but in my opinion
it has not been all that informative yet with regards to these issues.

Also, at least I personally want to know what problem we are
solving before spending a lot of effort in analysing a solution --
we know there is an infinite number of ways to design a protocol
but the real question is whether it solves a problem.

Looking forward to your new draft.

--Jari