Bob Hinden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have hard time understanding why documenting this further this
> would be a good use of anyone's time (i.e., individuals, IPv6 w.g.,
> ADs, IETF, RFC-Editor, ....).

Let's see. If an implementor got this wrong, and actually tested their
implementations with one of the bazillion IPv6 implemenations or test
suites (some productized and some nearly 10 years old -- and all of
them seeming to do the same thing w.r.t. network byte order), and
there was a subsequent dispute about who was right and needed to
change their implementation, would anyone care about what was (or was
not written) in an RFC on this point?

I didn't think so. :-)

Thomas