Pekka Savola writes:
> This is more than strictly required for interoperability.

I think that's the key point.  It's very important to make sure that
the things marked as "MUST" or "MUST NOT" are actually requirements
for interoperability or anticipated development, and not just needless
strictures.

Otherwise, it becomes much more tedious to support enviroments that
require slightly different values or implementations that trade off
simplicity against precision.

(Given that I've encountered test suites that enforce even "MAY"
clauses, I think caution about over-specifying things is warranted.)

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>