In the case of RFC4214 at least, I'm not so sure now that
there needs to be a reserved local range. From Section 6.1,
the text:

   "When the IPv4 address is known to be globally unique, the "u" bit
   (universal/local) is set to 1; otherwise, the "u" bit is set to 0.
   "g" is the individual/group bit, and "m" are the bits of the IPv4
   address."

But, I think now that we have sufficient operational experience
it could be said that this text is unnecessary and unnecessarily
causing us to keep a registry in the IANA. Reason being is that
ISATAP will never cross NATs, and so it doesn't matter whether
the IPv4 addresses are privacy addresses, global addresses or
some mix of both because all nodes on the ISATAP link will be
in the same site by definition.

So, as long as the document states clearly that ISATAP interfaces
MUST assign addresses of the form specified in section 6 (and no
other types of addresses) I don't see the need to maintain an
IANA registry.

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]