> I see Thomas' argument for tolerating occasional use of AAAA entries in the
> global DNS for ULAs - but it seems that it leads to too many complications
> to be recommended. Since I'm sure the IETF isn't ready yet to endorse the
> reality of split DNS deployment, wouldn't it be best to say that ULA-Cs
> SHOULD NOT be included in the global DNS? (And that is a significant
> difference in scope and intent compared with PI.)
>
>      Brian

        It really is no worse than having any other address which is
        partly or fully firewalled off.  The big difference between
        ULA-C and ULA-L is the the former is guarenteed to be unique
        and the later is not.  Ambigious addresses in the DNS are bad.
        Non reachable (except for nameservers) arn't.

        Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]