Paul,

I am talking about a "laptop" that connects an arbitrarily-
complex internal network of virtual hosts and routers, and
an arbitrarily-complex set of external devices attached on,
e.g., Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc. I am attaching the diagram
again (slightly updated) in case folks might have missed
it in my earlier message.

So, it can't just be link-local-for-all, because then there
is no opportunity for off-link communications when in fact
the laptop may connect many links. Also, if my laptop ever
needs to connect up with other sites (be it planned or ad-hoc;
via phisical links or virtual) it will need to have something
like ULA-C to avoid collisions. And, I don't want to have to
inject a globally-routable prefix into the DFZ for it.

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                           Egress Interfaces (to Internet)
                                   ^   ^        ^
                                   |   |        |
          +------------------------+---+--------+----------+
          | Internal hosts         |   |        |          |    M
          |  an routers            |   |  ....  |          |    A
          |       ,-.    |     +---+---+--------+---+      |    N
          |      (H1 )---+     |                    |      |    E
          |   |   `-'    |     |                    +------+--< T
          | . |  +---+   |     |                    |      |
          | . +--|R1 |---+-----+                    |      |    I
          |      (H2 )---+     |       Entity       |  .   |    e
          | Ingress Interfaces     |   |  ....  |          |    s
          | (to internal networks) |   |        |          |