Hi Jinmei,
You have a point. I agree with you about the downref rule being an NOP for implementers (I do not care either). This is another reason that I wanted to go with an IANA registry for the purpose. Then we do not have to worry about the administrative hurdles of the downref. I will wait for further comments from the WG before I make the change.

Cheers
Suresh

JINMEI Tatuya / ???? wrote:
At Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:53:48 -0400,