Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
        (sorry if it gets a duplicate)

I'm inclined to believe that dual-stack provider networks are going to
be relatively rare, and may not exist at all. I think it'll either be

        WIDE (AS2500) and two of the major ISPs which deploy IPv6 are running
        dual-stack.  i bet others too (Verio, Internet2, anyone?)
        it is not economical to run two separate physical link across the
        pacific ocean.

At least pretty much all the academic networks I know are dual-stack,
pretty big networks too, and this happened years ago.

Several years ago the operator I work for also did that. We run IS-IS
which handles both protocols with just one routing instance which is
nice. The only problem we have is that it is hard to know exactly how
much and what IPv6 traffic passes through the core. E.g. even though
the routers are Netflow v9 capable, the hardware is not capable of
creating IPv6 flow info.

Stig

itojun