Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
This still breaks the notion that once you do duplicate address detection for your MAC-derived link-local address you can assume that any other MAC-derived addresses are also unique.
How does it break this notion?

Consider:
RFC 2462 says if DAD fails for link-local, the interface should be disabled.
I claim that if it succeeds for link-local, under either scheme, it will succeed for all autoconf addresses on the same interface, under either scheme. (BTW, a corrolary is: it will even succeed when both schemes are in use on /64 prefixes, since FFFE does not collide with any part of any assigned OUI.)

This is clear enough, by working backwards:
If DAD would fail for some other address built on this new format for II, <padding><oui24><24bitSerial>, then it would fail for <oui24><24bitSerial>, which means DAD would fail for link-local. In order for this to happen, however, DAD on the new address must be attempted, which can only occur if link-local DAD had succeeded, or else the interface would have been disabled.
Link-local cannot both succeed and fail.

Ergo, DAD on link-local will guarantee DAD success on all other MAC-derived addresses under this scheme.

I.e. your assertion is incorrect, while mine is correct.

Brian