From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Bound, Jim
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:11 PM
To: Ed Jankiewicz; ipv6@ietf.org
Cc: Brian E Carpenter
Subject: RE: the role of the node "requirements" document

I believe all IPv6 nodes SHOULD support IPsec.  I don't care about the
PKI or other managed parts but if they are referenced to IPsec they
should have no known protocol interoperability problems, the market
will decide and select on that one is my view.  This should clearly not
mandate USE as others have stated.  I also would support a MUST as I
agree with Dow and others who can see the value of a MUST but I will
not fight to hard if majority wants to move to SHOULD.  If it is 50/50
for consensus I will continue to provide data why MUST has to remain.
And I want to reiterate and note the important mail from Tony Hain for
this polling to others as input to our collective thoughts.

Thanks Dow
/jim