While the IETF's answer is, effectively, Yes - "/48 delegated to a
household" the world (or atleast ARIN :)) believes /56's are a more
reasonable size - and I tend to agree.

WRT "a reasonable sized ISP with a couple of million customers would require
a /28 or more just for their residential customer base" (nic'ed from another
mail in this thread) ... the IETF says that is fine, they should simply
request the space.  Some have already done so.
((This concern is exactly why ARIN recommends /56s.  Problem solved?))

/TJ
PS - fairly late reminder, the v4v6Coexistence "interim" meeting is ongoing
now'ish --> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/int/trac/wiki/v4v6interim