[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a typical IPv6 ADSL household landscape...

An ADSL IPv6 operational deployment offers a /64 prefix at home.
With that, I can't subnet _and_ use IPv6 stateless auto-configuration.

In a typical IPv6 ADSL household landscape the ISP will assign you a
/48 with plenty of subnetting space.

Not sure, FWIW, in the IPv6 ADSL household I live in gives me a /64 and not /48 (see draft-despres-v6ops-6rd-ipv6-rapid-deployment-01.txt).

That's typical for me but I don't know about the other deployed IPv6 ADSL, do they give /64 or shorter prefixes?

Alex

In some regions there will be some ISPs who will only assign a /56 to
residential sites, but that still gives you a reasonable amount of
subnetting ability. Under RIR rules, an ISP can justify giving you a
/48 if you ask them for it.

--Michael Dillon