Iljitsch van Beijnum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Seems to me that this is simple enough: no bits, no DHCP. "Always" is
> not an acceptable out of the box behavior. (!!!)

In the spirit of keeping this discussion productive and about
engineering, can you please explain why (operationally or technically)
that always is "not acceptable"?

> Then if there is M you do stateful DHCPv6, if there is O stateless.
> The only problem would be if bot O and M are set.

There is no problem. You invoke DHCP if either the O or M bits are
set (if the decision is to trigger DHCP invocation on the settings of
the bits).

Thomas