Because we want to make all combinations work. Because we want IPv6 to be real.

Why move it to another draft when the same contention will occur.

The opponents just have to face the music. And if they are going to take issue with this, what about the bigger more critical issues? Will those take decades to resolve? Don't we have a deployment deadline for IPv6?

Dino

On Jul 30, 2009, at 4:33 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:

From: Lars Eggert <lars.egg...@nokia.com>

Alternatively, you could pick a different encapsulation

Dino, why don't we just drop the 'inside IPv6' encapsulations from the spec? I.e. keep only IPv4 in IPv4 and IPv6 in IPv4? The IPv6 encapsulations could be documented in a short non-IETF note that's posted on a personal web page somewhere. (I'm assuming here that there are a few ISPs who'd actually want to
run inside IPv6, otherwise we could just drop them entirely.)

        Noel