>     > the O UDP checksum proposal obsoletes all the today deployed nodes
>     > which check them (so all hosts I know and perhaps a lot of routers too)
>
> OK, so what are the other options for encapsulating a packet in a IPv6
> packet?

Um, surely, routers are not specified to validate layer-4
checksums for transit traffic?!?

Let's look at this another way?  As I understood it, UDP 0 would
be used by LISP encapsulating/decapsulating devices.

If some random (non-LISP encap/decap) host by mistake received a
0 UDP packet, it would be dropped, which should do no harm.

In practical terms, only LISP encap/decap devices would need to
be modified to accept 0 UDP packets under some specific rule /
circumstance, as an exception to the general rule.

The only thing which would prevent this would be one of
conformance to the letter of the original spec, which apparently
bans 0 UDP checksums.

So what's so bad about that?

Regards,

- HÃ¥vard