Noel Chiappa wrote:
    > From: Francis Dupont <francis.dup...@fdupont.fr>

    > the O UDP checksum proposal obsoletes all the today deployed nodes
    > which check them (so all hosts I know and perhaps a lot of routers too)

OK, so what are the other options for encapsulating a packet in a IPv6
packet?

I'm told by some people that UDP-Lite isn't a standard yet? Or is it? (It
seems to have a protocol number issued?) Does UDP-Lite work through NAT
boxes? (LISP has a mobile-node mode, which we would like to see work through
NAT boxes, so any proposed alternative solution has to work through NAT boxes
too.)

<SNIP>

UDP-Lite spec: RFC 3828.
UDP-Lite MIB:  RFC 5097.
Unicast UDP Usage Guidelines (for UDP and UDP-Lite): RFC 5405.

UDP-Lite has been part of the Linux kernel since version 2.6.20.

Gorry