Does UDP-Lite work through NAT
boxes? (LISP has a mobile-node mode, which we would like to see work through NAT boxes, so any proposed alternative solution has to work through NAT boxes
too.)

For IPv6?

Sorry I didn't reply to this in the earlier message...

(1) There isn't enough NAT deployment for IPv6 (yet) to know how IPv6 NAT boxes will behave. It is possible to implement at v6 NAT that doesn't touch the transport headers at all.

(2) I've heard statements about LISP working through NATs, but I can't figure out how that would work... Could you explain to me how LISP would work using IPv4 encapsulation behind an IPv4 NAT? Are you expecting that there will be LISP ALGs to convert the inner headers as they are transmitted through the NAT in the outbound direction? Otherwise, it seems like EIDs from private address space (such as net 10) will get injected into other networks, where they will be meaningless.

Margaret