    >> From: Francis Dupont <francis.dup...@fdupont.fr> the O UDP
    >> checksum proposal obsoletes all the today deployed nodes which
    >> check them (so all hosts I know and perhaps a lot of routers
    >> too)

    Noel> OK, so what are the other options for encapsulating a packet
    Noel> in a IPv6 packet?

    Noel> I'm told by some people that UDP-Lite isn't a standard yet?
    Noel> Or is it? (It seems to have a protocol number issued?) Does
    Noel> UDP-Lite work through NAT boxes? (LISP has a mobile-node
    Noel> mode, which we would like to see work through NAT boxes, so
    Noel> any proposed alternative solution has to work through NAT
    Noel> boxes too.)

We have not reached a consensus that LISP needs to work through NATs.
I'll take your message as a statement in favor of that and a personal
opinion that they need to.

I have not seen a lot of disagreement of this assumption, nor do I
want to start that discussion now.  I'm just trying to keep the
mailing list history accurate to make my job as a chair easier when I
have to turn this discussion into a conclusion.