Hi Dino,

On Aug 11, 2009, at 11:37 AM, Dino Farinacci wrote:

On Aug 8, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Dino Farinacci wrote:

The spec says ETRs MUST ignore the UDP checksum field. This is what the LISP authors intended and has been implemented this way.

The spec says ITRs MUST set the UDP checksum field to 0.

Could you tell us how to achieve this on commonly deployed desktop software/hardware that has two properties:

We don't want this rule on commonly deployed desktop hosts.

I am not sure what you are saying here. I can think of two possibilities:

(1) You don't want LISP to be implemented on commonly deployed desktop hosts.

(2) You want to change the document to state a different rule, so that LISP can be implemented in a compliant manner on desktop hosts.

Could you elaborate?

Margaret