> Do you think that the service type of
> the prefix should be classified to the prefix related configuration or
not?
> If yes, do you agree that it should be carried in RA in the stateless
> case?

Nobody is disagreeing that *if* we could turn the clock back 10 years or
so and have a greenfield discussion about creating brand new IPv6
standards that this might be something to consider.

So, just to get past your question, let's say, for the sake of argument,
that we all agree 100% that it would be more logical (a prettier way of
doing things) to do all prefix-related configuration in RA. OK.

Here is what we are saying:
That is irrelevant. It is irrelevant that this would be a prettier way
of doing things. Solutions exist. They have been coded and are being
implemented. Hurdles for starting new standards work to change things
that are already out in the field and being used are different than the
hurdles for starting new standards where nothing exists.

The hurdle when doing greenfield standards is indeed to convince others
that what you propose is the most logical and efficient way of doing
things. The hurdle when trying to convince others to go to the pain,
effort, expense, suffering, and uncertainty of changing existing
implementations and deployments, is to prove that the existing
mechanisms are somehow insufficient or broken.

So, to summarize...
If you want to convince people to move forward with this proposal, you
need to stop trying to convince us that your solution is more logical
and inefficient. That's irrelevant, and we don't care. You need to
convince us that what we have is insufficient or broken.
Barbara