From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Wes Beebee (wbeebee)
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 12:31 PM
To: Fred Baker (fred); IPv6 Operations; 6man Mailing List
Cc: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
Subject: Re: draft-gundavelli-v6ops-l2-unicast WGLC

In case people haven't had time to read the whole draft, the key
standards track change to existing RFC's is:

"An IPv6 receiver node SHOULD NOT drop a received IPv6 multicast
 message containing a multicast destination address in the IPv6
 header, but with a unicast destination address in the link-layer
 header, withstanding all other validity considerations as
 specified in the relevant IPv6 standards specifications."

"An IPv6 sender node MAY choose to transmit an IPv6 multicast
 message as a link-layer unicast message."

- Wes