-----Original Message-----
From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Shane
Amante
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: Flow Label: 12 bits mutable and 8 bits immutable

Because of your last two bullets I have to ask the following.  How would a
receiving host deterministically distinguish (1) flow-labels that were created
by network devices (just a 5-tuple was put into a flow-label) vs. (2)
flow-labels that were created by a source-host w/ a pseudo-random number +
5-tuple[1]?  (Please read on before answering :-)
[[WEG]] Perhaps I'm oversimplifying, but wouldn't it be possible to use one bit
to flag who set it? 0 for end-host 1 for network or vice versa? Yes, that
requires us to define who falls into what category, but that's manageable.

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel proprietary information intended for the
sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the
message.