From: Joel M. Halpern [mailto:j...@joelhalpern.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 6:25 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Subject: Re: Router redirects in Node Requirements document

A) The IETF has in the past, and will in the future, change things in
ways that make old devices non-compliant.  If we find that the old
advice was wrong, we change it.
B) Would it change your reaction if it were SHOULD NOT be on by default?

  I happen to think that paying attention to the operators desire for
MUST NOT makes sense, but I wanted to better understand what iscausing
you concern.

Yours,
Joel