On Aug 23, 2010, at 2:53 PM, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

> Jared Mauch:
>
>> The biggest feedback I hear from people about IPv6 (besides the extra
>> bits for addressses) is "Security", but they generally don't know what
>> that is outside marketing speak.
>
> +1, in spades. Nor do these folk seem to appreciate that it's not the network
> that bears the greatest burden in providing that security. It is the clients.

They also don't get that it doesn't buy you anything if you don't use it, or
that it is generally available on IPv4 systems as well. Do a packet capture on
your favorite LAN and measure the percentage of IPsec-protected traffic. Then
ask yourself how many of those systems in fact implement IPsec code. It's
largely about the distribution of certificates and "turning it on".