On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:11:10 +0200 (CEST)
Mikael Abrahamsson <swm...@swm.pp.se> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Fred Baker wrote:
>
> > We're not limited to controlling a host to a DHCP-assigned address; we
> > can also observe the device's behavior and protect addresses it
> > allocates using SLAAC and SEND.
>
> Yes, I know, but for an ISP who wants to know what end-entity has an IP
> address at any given time, the only practical way to use SLAAC is to have
> each customer in their own /64, and then it's not really a problem because
> it's a subnet of its own.

I don't know about other vendors, however Cisco have a model of SLAAC
address assignment where a single /64 is used for address assignment to
PPP sessions, with the /64 announced in the RA PIO. In effect the PPP
connections become part of a NBMA point to multipoint topology. RADIUS
reports this assignment (as it will with individual /64s per PPP
session too from within a pool).

> It's when you want to share a subnet with multiple DHCPv6(-PD)-handouted
> IP addresses and routed subnets it becomes a bit more complicated. That
> situation is what I was referring to.

I'm not really sure I understand the scenario you're describing. I'm
having no trouble with RA + SLAAC + DHCPv6-PD, static and dynamic
assignments of /64 for PPP session and delegated prefixes via
DHCPv6-PD.