I'm on the fence with regards to this document. if this document is meant to be
the RFC1122/1812 document for IPv6,
I think we are too early in the deployment of IPv6 to have gathered enough
experience with what works and what doesn't.
as a profile of an IPv6 node though, it isn't too far off.

a couple of comments:

* section 5.3.  Default Router Preferences and More-Specific Routes - RFC 4191
  this is a "MAY wish" and in conflict with RFC6204, L-3.
  please make this a SHOULD or even a MUST (as hosts not supporting it will not
be able to interoperate on networks behind
  RFC6204 routers.

* RFC2675: I would just remove that.

* 5.9.4 Default Address Selection
  As RFC3484 generates IPv6 brokenness. I think we should change this reference
to RFC3484bis.

* 5.9.5.  Stateful Address Autoconfiguration
  I still disagree with the MAY for DHCP. I don't think we should state the 'at
the present time SLAAC'.
  hosts that cannot do DHCP for address assignment may not be able to connect
to many cable networks (see DOCSIS 3)
  and access networks specified by the BBF.

* 6 DHCP vs. Router Advertisement Options for Host Configuration
  I don't understand the purpose of this section.
  it should include text explaining how to handle conflicts between multiple
mechanisms if anything.
  and make it clear that every node has to implement all mechanisms. that's the
natural consequence
  of designing multiple ways of doing the same thing.

* 8.1.  Transition Mechanisms
  Just remove the section. it doesn't add value.

* 12.1.1 Router Alert
  not just acknowledge that the HBH option was a bad idea and nuke it?

cheers,
Ole