From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of ext Bob
Hinden
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 10:31 AM
To: Ole Troan
Subject: Re: Short 6MAN WG Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis-09.txt>

Ole,

On May 5, 2011, at 6:49 AM, Ole Troan wrote:

> I'm on the fence with regards to this document. if this document is
> meant to be the RFC1122/1812 document for IPv6, I think we are too early in
> the deployment of IPv6 to have gathered enough experience with what works and
> what doesn't.
> as a profile of an IPv6 node though, it isn't too far off.

This is, of course, and update the the current Node Requirements as define in
RFC4294.  Weither it is the last update, is anyones guess, but I think it
clearly better to update it now as we know there are many things that are wrong
with RFC4294.

I would also note that RFC1122 was written in 1989 and RFC1812 in 1995.
Neither of those reflect current practice with IPv4.  We might be at the same
point of deployment with IPv6 as IPv4 was in 1989 :-)

Bob