Joel,

My loop detector just buzzed. This is more or less where we were
a couple of drafts ago, but people said "don't say that". Now,
I never delete old xml2rfc files, so I can bring back that text.
However, I'd like the WG chairs to decide...

Bert is correct below - if a load balancer doesn't balance the load,
it won't break sessions, but it will degrade performance.

     Brian

On 2011-05-09 12:02, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
I rather hate the following idea, and I am not sure that security
gateways would be willing to follow it.

In order for flow label usage to actually help the ECMP hardware, we
have to expect it to work.
What if security gateways were expected to put reasonable, flow
distributing, flow -labels on their packets?
Put differently, what if security gateways were behaving as if the
received flow label were 0, and they were responsible for adding flow
labels as the spec allows?

Yours,
Joel