I support the idea of making DHCPv6 a SHOULD, and like the text revision proposed by Bob as amended by Ralph.

As to the clarification of what to do in the event of inconsistent information when both methods are used, I agree that RFC 4862 covers it. If pushed, citing that RFC would be better than incorporating text.

The comment from Tim that the DHCPv6 man not be of use in SOHO deployments, I think SHOULD still leaves enough wiggle room for a variety of implementations with different feature sets.