Thomas - (hoping to fan the discussion) I think operators have expressed the
desire to operate networks in DHCP-only mode, and the response has been "No,
you don't really want to operate your networks that way".

If operators came forward again with a strong desire to operate networks using
only DHCP, and no other technical reason, would they get a different answer
today?

- Ralph