> I agree with Brian and George that for the case where a router is inserting a
> Flow Label value into a fragmented packet, it is > desirable (and normally
> practical) to include the Fragment ID field as an input.
>
> So that would give 3 input values (Source IP, Dest IP, Fragment ID) for
> calculating a Flow ID value in fragmented packets.

Really? The fragment ID can change with each packet, correct? Imagine a UDP
stream that for some reason uses large packets. Or maybe some large packets and
some small packets. Isn't the proposal going to result in different packets of
the same "application stream" getting different flow ids? Isn't that going to
be somewhat problematic for load balancers?

-- Christian Huitema