I still have an uneasy feeling about the changing flow IDs across the same TCP session. It feels wrong.

That being said, Ran's argument that different classifications for fragmented/non-fragmented packets already happening for load-balancing reasons (and presumably even for IPv4) when a fragmented packet hits a backbone router and the port numbers are not in the packet.

I'm fine with Brian's suggested text. I would personally open the text up a bit more, however. I would explain, for instance, why RFC 4311 is relevant. I would explain the tradeoffs between packet reassembly, different flow IDs, and using just 2-tuples.

Jari