Le 06/07/2011 02:17, james woodyatt a écrit :
On Jul 5, 2011, at 15:49 , Sander Steffann wrote:

Just an observation: I have been playing with the new IPv6-capable
 firmware of the Thompson/Technicolor TG789 firmware. It does
implement IPv6 subnet router anycast, and it will be deployed in
the near future (firmware production release in a couple of weeks
IIRC).

Apple's AirPort Extreme supports the subnet router anycast address on
its advertising interfaces.  It wasn't hard at all to implement and
debug.

My reading of RFC 2526, which this draft references, is that there is
exactly one node requirement: don't assign unicast addresses to
interfaces with the subnet anycast prefix.

Hmm... this requirement is probably being violated by one implementation
of Home Agent of Mobile IPv6 - it needs to assign an anycast address
_and_ its unicast global address on a same interface, otherwise the
DHAAD part of Mobile IPv6 wouldn't work.

Also, the link-local _unicast_ address is an almost de facto mandate on
every Ethernet interface, on many implementations.  This also would
violate that either-or requirement on anycast-unicat.

Alex

I know we will never do that with SLAAC on the advertising
interfaces, but I suspect that the DHCPv6 client on the soliciting
interface will happily violate RFC 2526 if the IA_NA or IA_TA
addresses have the subnet anycast prefix for one of its on-link
prefixes.  I haven't checked, and I don't think the IPv6 Ready
certification test does either, or I would have remembered failing
it.

It would not be very hard at all to apply a patch to comply with the
 requirement in RFC 2526 to refuse those addresses.

-- james woodyatt<j...@apple.com> member of technical staff, core os
networking